Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

For the last couple of months I've been "letting go." Letting go of old pictures, memories. Things that have no real bearing in my life. When I released those memories, trashing most, passing on a few, a weight was lifted. I felt a little taller. It made me realize that I was holding on to these "things" for the sake of "holding onto". If that makes any sense. Truth be said, the true memories are already ingrained in my head. And I can "memory recall" for any moment in my life....so the material substances, truly have no place in this New Life of mine.
That's what it is all about...not keeping and storing and salvaging all these THINGS. I think of Jesus sometimes when I'm feeling gluttonous and in that "I need", "I want", mood. WWJD? Funny, I thought that was some "catchy" hip phrase being used to impress. That's the cynic in me.....smdh. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment